[libvirt] How to prevent libvirt from adding iptables rules?

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Thu Apr 2 08:16:13 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:08:24PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> > [...]
> > I modified my VMs to use isolated rather than default, but rules keep
> > being added to iptables when libvirt-bin is started.
> >
> > Is there a way to convince libvirt not to add these rules?
>
> No, libvirt needs to add the rules here because otherwise the guest
> virtual network would not be guarenteed to be isolated from the host
> network.

Messing with iptables rules isn't guaranteed to work either. Esp if the
existing firewall is re-run. SuSEfirewall2 for example runs when
interfaces come or go so it will kill any rules that someone added
behind it's back.

What kind of iptables rules do you need to install?

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel