[libvirt] SYSCONF_DIR

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 18:54:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 08:44:55PM +0300, Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> I can do  TLS certificate authentication on a remote libvirt access
> through  'virsh'   ( virsh -c  qemu+tls://hostnake/system) .
> But  when I try same auth  from my C code linked with  libvirt 0.6.1 I get
> the message : " libvir:  Remote error:  cannot access CA  certificate
> '/usr/local/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem   . No such file or directory"
>
> My certificate is at /etc/pki/CA   as instructed in the web site (deafult)
> and so is my libvirtd.conf saying.   virsh works ok with it .
> In  my case the server and client are on same machine .
>
> I guess  the need for  SYSCONF_DIR = /usr/local/etc  comes from the
> configure of the libvirt . In fact I see  in the configure file the
> statement :  sysconfigdir = '${prefix}/etc .
>
> Any idea how to fix that . I am using the installed libvirt . did not
> rebuild it .

The online documentation assumes that you've got an OS distributor
packaged installation.

ie, that it was built with

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

The fact that its looking in /usr/local/etc/pki suggests you've
just run the configured script with its default settings. You
can either move your certificates to this location, or change
the configure arguments during build