[libvirt] win32

Brecht Sanders brecht at sanders.org
Sat Apr 4 19:10:41 UTC 2009

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 02:52:49PM +0200, Brecht Sanders wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is there any way to compile libvirt with xen some support without
>> depending on libxenstore?
>> The reason I ask is that libxen can be built on Windows, but libxenstore
>> seems to depend on the linux kernel, so I doubt it can be built for
>> Windows.
>>

>   Honnestly I don't think anybody ever tried. The only drivers usually
> compiled on Win32 are remote and possibly test. Basically so far we expected
> libvirt on Windows to be only a way to access libvirtd remotely. But
> patches to improve/extend this are as usual welcome !

Well, I have tried in the past, and I think I actually got libvirt 0.4.4
to build with MinGW/MSYS on Windows, but unfortunately only static
libraries.
Bet back then only libxen was needed, not libxenstore.
Shouldn't it - in theory - be possible to build a libvirt for Windows
without the need for a remote libvirtd?
What made me optimistical was the possibility to build libxen and the
fact that Qemu also runs on Windows.
Regards
    Brecht