[libvirt] Multpile network interfaces have same MAC address

David Mueller dsm717 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:11:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> We don't ship QEMU or KVM in RHEL yet, so there's nothing to fix in RHEL
> for QEMU/KVM, and I don't believe Xen suffers from it, since it uses a
> different way of handling MMIO memory registration.
>
> Whereever that CentOS  user got their qemu & kvm RPMs from, they weren't
> a standard part of RHEL & those versions are absolutely ancient too.

You're right, I missed that they're in the CentOS Extras repositories and
not the base repository that is dervied from RHEL.  They do have a newer
version of kvm in their testing repository; I might give that a try.

I use a customized Fedora kernel in the guest VMs, so in order to use Xen
I'd have to get it built as a domU kernel.

Thanks,

David