[libvirt] F10: how to save snapshot back to image?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 20:33:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 04:24:28PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Right now, I cannot gain access to the "monitor" in libvirt.  Therefore
> I cannot issue something like "savevm", "loadvm", or "commit hda" or any
> of these commands necessary for working with snapshots.  I also am
> unable to send Ctrl key sequences such as Ctrl-a-s to write the snapshot
> to the image file.  Therefore, all routes are closed.  The current
> approach of just locking everything down is wrong.  That decision should
> be left up to the user as to how much security they wish to enable in
> their particular environment.

  Your POV, my point of view is that an API should be provided if you
can provide it consistently and reliably, otherwise it should not be
turned into an API.
  libvirt was not designed as an API for QEmu internals, maybe it's what
you need, but that would have to be offered by the QEmu people
themselves !