[libvirt] My beefs with the libvirt XML configuration format

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:28:04 UTC 2009

2009/12/10 Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>:

>  So thanks for reporting the existing bugs, I ended up on your blog
> post randomly and I though the best was to get you here to actually
> solve the issues, seems to have worked better than I expected :-)
> There is still that crash problem you wrote about and which would need
> some clarification, Im' not sure I really understood what went wrong !
>
> Daniel

The crash could be due to the QEMU monitor handling problem that was
recently fixed. The problem was that the asynchronous monitor handling
code would free the monitor object in case QEMU crashed or reported an
error. But the asynchronous monitor handling freed the monitor object
while the caller was not aware of this and the caller then accessed
freed memory resulting in a crash.

Matthias