[libvirt] New libvirt API for domain memory statistics reporting (V3)

Thomas Treutner thomas at scripty.at
Wed Dec 23 14:25:42 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

thanks for your efforts, for me such an API would be very helpful.

I tried to use it by applying this patch

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux-2.6-for-linus.git;a=patch;h=7e280facc1c0ab91e20dbc93d8e8dd88ca6ebaad

against vanilla 2.6.32.2 and using latest libvirt from git, but when I do

$ virsh dommemstat mydomain

I just get an empty line of output, no error message, nothing. Ballooning
works fine, but as I said, no statistics output. I'm also using virtio for
net and blk - did I miss something (additional entry in the dom-config?) or
is there something going wrong?

I'm using qemu-kvm-0.11.0 currently, -0.12 is not working for me. Could that
be the cause?

Thanks for any directions,

kr,tom