[libvirt] Functions issues

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 09:46:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 10:23:41PM +0100, Jaromír Červenka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while writing SharpLibVirt I ran into several problems with some functions:
>

> virDomainInterfaceStats
> ------------------------------------
>  It is not possible get any result, because of error "invalid argument
> in invalid path, 'user.0' is not a known interface". But inside LOG
> for this domain is
>
> "... -net user,vlan=0,name=user.0 ... "
>
> It is not possible get stats for nic.0 also. Tested on KVM hypervisor.

For KVM the interfaces are called things like "vnet0", "vnet1" etc.

What you should do is call virDomainGetXMLDesc[1] on the domain of
interest, and then parse out the /domain/devices/interface/target node
from the XML.  The dev attribute gives the network name[2].

virt-top contains code to do this.

[1] http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainGetXMLDesc
[2] http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsNICSVirtual

> virStoragePoolIsActive and virStoragePoolIsPersistent
> Both cause crash of libvirt deamon. I dont know why.
>
> Tested on 0.7.4 and Qemu 0.11.0

If there isn't a bug about this, then please file one.

Rich.