[libvirt] Update on host interface configuration

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 09:12:52 UTC 2009

Hi David,

Nice work ...

A thought as I update this Fedora feature page[1], given that the goal
of the feature could be described as fixing things so that the "shared
physical device" section of libvirt's Networking wiki page[2] isn't so
nasty and 'orrible.

Aside from just writing out the interface configuration, will we also
handle the case where NetworkManager is disabled/unavailable and
manually bring up the interface with initscripts and update iptables?

Also, will NetworkManager automatically notice the configuration
changing on disk and apply the configuration? Will we be able to detect
what configurations NetworkManager can handle?

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Shared_Network_Interface
[2] - http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking