[libvirt] Multpile network interfaces have same MAC address

David Mueller dsm717 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:29:41 UTC 2009

I remember seeing this problem before, but I can't remember what the
resolution was, nor can I find a discussion of the issue in
the list archives or Bugzilla.

I've had my setup working for a while now, on both Fedora 8 and Fedora 10.
Now I'm trying to get it to work with CentOS 5 and
running into an old bug.  My guest VM has multiple virtual network
interfaces, with the MAC address defined in the XML file used to
define the VM.  However, I'm seeing each network interface getting the
same MAC addrss (the last one defined in the XML file) on
all if the interfaces when I run ifconfig in the guest.

Was there a workaround for this, or do I need to upgrade libvirt?  CentOS
5.2 is what I'm working with; they haven't released 5.3
yet so I don't know if that will have a newer version.

# rpm -qa libvirt
libvirt-0.3.3-7.el5
# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.3.3