[libvirt] libvirt tls vnc

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Thu Feb 26 12:29:09 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>>     * http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/ssvnc.html  (effect as described)
>>

> To quote that page:
>
> "SSVNC also supports the VeNCrypt SSL/TLS extension to VNC (Unix and Mac OS X only.) "
>
> So you're out of luck with Windows

Ok, this is no drawback - at least I know that I shouldn't invest
further energy in Windows.
Then I'll give a try on linux and mail the results later.

Although, I tried the VeNCrypt Viewer v0.2.6 under windows (forgot to
mention that) and had the following results / message boxes:
VNC/Authentication [X509None]: certificate issuer unknown.
VNC/Authentication [X509None]: certificate not trusted.
VNC/Authentication [X509None]: hostname mismatch.
VeNCrypt Viewer : Question: The connection closed unexpectedly. Do you
wish to attempt to reconnect to 127.0.0.1:0?

> We're working on getting virt-viewer available for Windows as part of
> the Fedora MinGW work, but not completed yet

Great - looking forward to that! :)
Regards
Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de