[libvirt] Domain comment/description string?

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Fri Feb 13 12:57:40 UTC 2009

	Hello,

	I use KVM+qemu for testing various distributions and playing
with different versions of software. Now I would like to migrate
my virtual machines to libvirt. One of the problems is that I would like
to have some sort of comment or description of the machine, which would
be displayed in "virsh list" or in virt-manager together with
the machine hostname. Example:

	<name>rei</name>
	<comment>Fedora rawhide/32bit</comment>

or

	<name>konata</name>
	<comment>Gentoo x86_64 with KDE 4</comment>

Does the libvirt XML format support something like
this? Embedding comment inside the <name>...</name> tag does not work.

	Does libvirt support something like that? Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |