[libvirt] Question, new libvirt driver - OpenNebula.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 11:01:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 05:33:56PM +0100, "Abel M?guez Rodr?guez" wrote:
>     We have updated the libvirt implementation
> for OpenNebula to libvirt- 0.5.1  release, made use of the internal XML
> handling  API and the existing infrastructure for error, data
> structures, etc...
>
>     Now we are facing the problem of needing
> several libraries to compile the driver,  the OpenNebula API
> (liboneapi) and the xmlrpc library that the API makes use of.
>
>  The problem is that the xmlrpc library itself depends on:
> libxmlrpc_client++  libxmlrpc_client libxmlrpc++ libxmlrpc
>  libxmlrpc_util   libxmlrpc_xmlparse libxmlrpc_xmltok
>
> We would like to link just against less libraries to make
> the driver compilation clear and simple, any idea?

Well if those are the deps of liboneapi library there's no much we can
do about that - just have to link to them. Just make sure they are all
LGPL (or GPLv2+) compatible. We now have ability to build drivers as
dlopen'd modules, so it would neccessarily impact the set of linker
deps of the main libvirt.so library.