[libvirt] adding tests....

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Jan 12 14:05:42 UTC 2009

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> The QEMU driver runs as non-root too. This is what the qemu:///session
> URI is used for. Likewise with the UML driver. The existing tests that
> invoke libvirtd fail quite frequently for me already due to them activating
> the QEMU / UML drivers. We really need a way to explicitly say what drivers
> should be allowed by the daemon, overriding what's compiled in. THis could
> in fact be useful even for production deployment, allowing site admins to
> guarentee that Xen driver is never used in the daemon even if it is compiled
> in by default.
>
> So perhaps a couple of config params like
>
>  allowed_drivers = [ "qemu", "xen", "test" ]
>  unix_sock_dir = "/var/run/libvirt/"
>
> Not sure how best to hook the first one up to libvirt.so though - the
> virInitialize/virStateInitize calls always activate all of them, with
> no easy way to disable.

Sounds good.
I'm deferring "allowed_drivers" for now, and preparing
a patch to add support for a new configuration parameter

  unix_sock_dir

and also for

  log_dir

The latter is required because otherwise, there's no way for
non-root to use a log file other than ~/.libvirt/log, or for
root to use a log file other than the default.