[libvirt] PATCH: Don't stop storage pools on daemon shutdown

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Jan 14 08:00:10 UTC 2009

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> Tearing a guest's storage out from under its feet on libvirtd shutdown
> is just as bad as tearing out its network :-) This patch removes the
> code which shuts down storage pool when the daemon shuts down. So NFS
> mounts stay around, LVM VGs remain active, and iSCSI connections remain
> logged in. When we then start up again, we happily detect that these
> resources are already running, and mark the pool as such

I've applied this and your [Allow virtual networks to survive...]
patch, and rebased to accommodate the adjustment of
#23 [Add domain events to test driver].

So the git branch is up to date:

  http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/danpb-threads

Since I had to rebase to adjust #23, that required a so-called
non-fastforward chage.  As a result, a regular "pull" won't
automatically clobber your local "danpb-threads" branch.
You have to add the "+" below to do that.

To update the existing branch, you'll probably want to do this:

    git checkout master
    git fetch git://et.redhat.com/libvirt +danpb-threads:danpb-threads