[libvirt] PATCH: 3/25: Remove use of macros from remote driver

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Jan 14 13:29:14 UTC 2009

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> No, they are all correct AFAIK. The *existing* code was buggy using
> the wrong macros in many places.
> You need to compare with the function context shown in the patch, rather
> than assume the original code was correct :-)

Yeah, "assuming" can cause trouble ;-)

It would help others down the road if there were a note
in the ChangeLog that this change set also fixes several bugs.

Some might even prefer to put the minimal bug-fix-only change into its own
change set.  From an N-year maintenance perspective, that's preferable:
less risk of it interfering with other changes.  Otherwise, the fixes
are buried under all the similar-looking-but-syntax-only changes.

If you don't mind splitting this patch, I'll be happy to supply the
equivalent pair of replacement change sets.