[libvirt] RFC: configuring host interfaces with libvirt

John Levon levon at movementarian.org
Fri Jan 16 01:26:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 01:13:18AM +0000, David Lutterkort wrote:

>   * Should this even be done as part of libvirt ? It seems like a very
>     generic network config tool, and libvirt merely the conduit to exposing
>     this through an API, most importantly, a remotable API.

My humble opinion would be "no". This argument equally applies to
everything you could configure on a host, and I don't think anyone wants
to turn libvirt into libmanagement. Would it be feasible for libvirtd to
have a 'passthrough' mode that feeds unknown stuff off to some other
daemon?

Especially in this case - interface management is very complex as you
note.

regards
john