[libvirt] invoking interface.script - missing interface name of domain

Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager at dtnet.de
Tue Jan 20 15:12:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

i would like to write a small script
	- bringing up my qemu-kvm interface and
	- connecting it to a bridge
using the following XML domain-syntax :

    <interface type='ethernet'>
      <script path='/etc/kvm/qemu-ifup'/>
    </interface>

The script will invoked (from qemu-kvm I thinkg) but
I can't find any arguments like "interface name" - so
my script cannot setup the bridge correctly because of
missing information about the interface name.

At the moment, I look to the PPID (parent pid of the script) and
parse the qemu commandline (ps ef) to find out the interfacename -
but it's only a workaround.

Q: Is there a way to get informed about the interface libvirt/quemu used
for the new domain ?

regards
Danny