[libvirt] PATCH: 8/25: Concurrent dispatch of RPC methods

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 15:14:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:21:51PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here is an update with those suggested renames & bug fixes in it.
> >
> > It also addresses the error reporting issue mentioned in
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-January/msg00428.html
> >
> > That code should not have been using DEBUG() - it now correctly
> > raises a real error including the error string, not just errno.
> > There were two other bugs with missing error raising in the
> > path for sasl_encode/decode.
> >
> > Everything upto this patch is committed, so this is diffed
> > against current CVS.
>
> All looks fine, but for a reverted change and some added strerror uses.
> While merging with your earlier changes (I effectively reverted the old
> 8/25 on a new branch, replacing it with this one and then rebased the
> remaining change sets), I got this conflict

This patch wasn't intended to be able to just slot into the original
series of patches - its only intended to work against current CVS
head.

>     <<<<<<< HEAD:src/remote_internal.c
>         if (pipe(wakeupFD) < 0) {
>             errorf (conn, VIR_ERR_SYSTEM_ERROR,
>                     _("unable to make pipe %s"),
>                     strerror(errno));
>     =======
>         if (pipe(wakeup) < 0) {
>             virReportSystemError(conn, errno, "%s",
>                                  _("unable to make pipe"));
>     >>>>>>> 03e5096... Remove use of strerror():src/remote_internal.c
>
> that suggests that your new wakeupFD-using change reintroduces
> a use of strerror that was previously removed.

Nope, neither this patch, nor the original version uses the function
virReportSystemError() since that is only added by a later patch in
the series. There's no regression there.