[libvirt] Libvirt - Xen Enterprise - Koan

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 11:09:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:41:40AM +0000, Tom Brown wrote:

> >I've not tried it, but the likely problem is that you'll need to turn
> >on XenD's  UNIX server config option in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
> >
> >  http://libvirt.org/drvxen.html
> >

> Thanks for this - this sounds like the most likely issue. The problem is
> that Citrix seems to move things around somewhat as that config file
> does not exist. There is a xensource directory that contains the
> following but other than that i am a bit stuck.

They might have overriden the config file to point somewhere else.
Try and find the file  "XendOptions.py" and see where it loads the
config from. Or see if anything sets $XEND_CONFIG env variable at
startup. In regular upstream xen code, it XendOptions.py has:

  class XendOptionsFile(XendOptions):

      """Default path to the config file."""
      config_default = "/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp"