[libvirt] Compiling on Windows with MinGW/MSYS

Brecht Sanders brecht at sanders.org
Thu Jan 15 10:21:51 UTC 2009

Hi,
It's been a long time since I tried to compile libvirt on Windows using
the MinGW/MSYS environment.
I tried it again and I have good news and bad news.
The good news is thet when I disable support for most things
(--without-xen --without-qemu --without-openvz --without-uml
--without-test --without-libvirtd --with-remote-pid-file=none
--with-init-scripts=none --with-depends --without-sasl --without-polkit)
it now builds fine and even the DLL was built (libvirt-0.dll).
The bad news is that when I enable Xen support, it now depends on the
xenstore library.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to build this library on Windows.
Is this dependancy necessary?
Does anyone know of xenstore on Windows?
Regards
    Brecht Sanders