[libvirt] docs/examples/*.res

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sat Jan 24 03:04:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 01:49:07AM +0000, John Levon wrote:

> What are these files supposed to be? Dan V's 2105:ed8c8b0ec3c5 changeset
> backed out my change:

  Huh ? If I removed something that's definitely not on-purpose.
But I never use GIT, just CVS, so no idea what the changeset might be
associated with.

>  install-data-local:
>         $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(HTML_DIR)
>         - at INSTALL@ -m 0644 $(srcdir)/*.html $(srcdir)/*.c
> $(srcdir)/*.xml \
> -         $(srcdir)/*.xsl $(DESTDIR)$(HTML_DIR)
> +         $(srcdir)/*.xsl $(srcdir)/*.res $(DESTDIR)$(HTML_DIR)
>
> They don't exist in the repository, so $(srcdir) can't be right, but nor
> can I see any rules to generate them in the objdir...

  Okay, I think I know where this comes from:
   - libxml2 uses the same doc/example stuff
   - the Makefile.am is generated, it's actually indicated at the top
   - index.py which generates the Makefile.am has the *.res rule
     inherited from libxml2.

So you need to fix the index.py regenerate the Makefile.am and recommit.