[libvirt] Switch from CVS to GIT is done

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 12:42:59 UTC 2009

  Thanks to Jim Meyering we now have a new git repository, I deprecated the
CVS repository, it's read only, you should still be able to keep it
around to make patches for a few weeks if needed.
  The new repo is at:
    http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=summary

Unfortunately Jim had to clean up the conversion from CVS that was
used previously at git://git.et.redhat.com/libvirt.git so the two
are not compatible and the best is to clone a new tree using

   git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git

and then copying over your set of patches with "git format-patch" in the
old dir and "git am" to paste them into the new cloned-dir (Jim can
certainly provide more details if needed).

  Let us know if you see something weird in the new tree or on the web
site, I have updated the download informations at
   http://libvirt.org/downloads.html

A few things may change but I guess the switch is done at this point,

  Many thanks to Jim for maintaining the old tree and the migration !