[libvirt] PATCH: Video device config

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Jul 7 21:17:18 UTC 2009

I recently posted a patch on the RedHat bugzilla (bug #467038) to add a
model attribute to the graphics element so that the different graphics
cards supported by QEMU could be selected.

Apparently that approach has been rejected in the past however, and the
preferred approach is to add a separate video element.

I've taken the patch that Daniel Berrange posted here a few months ago
that added the necessary XML handling for the new element and extended
it by filling in the QEMU driver code to make it use the model details
as well as fixing the default video model for XEN domains as per the
list of outstanding issues given with the original patch.

The updated patch is attached, and based on the list of outstanding
tasks given before what remains to be done is:

  - Add RNG XML schemas & website docs
  - Make Xen drivers use this info for setting stdvga=1|0 config arg
  - Make VirtualBox use this info in whatever way it needs

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/