[libvirt] more options for virt-manager

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Jul 9 13:31:33 UTC 2009

I noticed that the command line qemu and qemu-kvm offer a number of options
such as using vmware display and addition sound card emulation as compared to
that when using virt-manager.

Are there any plans to add these as options to virt-manager?

As a more general question, is there some document which describes the plans,
roadmaps, etc. for Fedora Virtualization (or should I say Linux Virtualization
since it does apply to other distributions as well)?

I pick up tid-bits in various messages and bug reports such as libvirt
supporting vmware and "pool storage" providing some improvements but I do not
have an overall picture as to what is planned.  While developers may do some
things sooner rather than later because they are easy to do, we users may have
some preferences as to what features/capabilities are more important to us
than others.

Gene