[libvirt] adding scsi disk failed (code=9)

Massimo Canonico canonico at mfn.unipmn.it
Thu Jul 9 14:06:13 UTC 2009

Hi,
I'm newbie and sorry if this question was already post in this ML (is
there any search engine for the ML archive?).

I'm trying to attach a volume in my instance. The instance is running
and the volume is available, but i got this error:

----
libvirt: operation failed: adding scsi disk failed (code=9)
 virDomainAttachDevice() failed (err=-1) XML=<disk type='block'><driver
 doAttachVolume() failed error=1
----

I'm not sure where I can start to debug this error. I'm using Fedora 11,
x86_64, with these packages
[root at minicloud eucalyptus]# rpm -qa | grep libv
libvirt-devel-0.6.2-12.fc11.x86_64
libvorbis-1.2.0-7.fc11.x86_64
libvirt-0.6.2-12.fc11.x86_64
libvirt-python-0.6.2-12.fc11.x86_64