[libvirt] Can not get domain's cpu time

Zhang Qian zhq527725 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:04:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a domain running in my KVM box, and try to get its vcpu info by
calling virDomainGetVcpus(), but it seems the cpu time returned to me
is always 0.

And I also found virsh can not get the CPU time too:
$ virsh vcpuinfo aaa
    VCPU:           0
    CPU:            0
    State:          running
    CPU Affinity:   yy

I tried the same virsh command in my Xen box for a running domain, the
output is:
$ virsh vcpuinfo test1
    VCPU:           0
    CPU:            1
    State:          running
    CPU time:       322.1s  <----- I need this
    CPU Affinity:   yy

As you see, for KVM domain, there is no "CPU time".
But it's very strange that virt-manager can show the right CPU usage
for my running domain, I do not know where virt-manger gets it.

Can anyone tell me which libvirt API should I call to get the CPU time? Thanks!

Regards,
Qian