[libvirt] MemoryPeek() is slow

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:39:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

I play around with MemoryPeek() API on QEMU. While it works well, I
found that it is too slow.

That is expected because of the way it works: we always need to save
memory to a file, and read it in again, and that is too inefficient.

I am trying to figure out a better way to do this. To do that, clearly
we need to re-architecture QEMU for this: We must have another way to
read memory from outside the QEMU process.

Anybody could suggest a solution for this problem? I am willing to
spend time on this feature to improve the situation.

Thanks,