[libvirt] test driver and virtOpenAuth()

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 00:30:53 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:23:51PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>>> Start libvirtd as root, with SASL enabled. It is not the kind of thing
>>> you want todo from a test suite though.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I am trying test script which DV wrote. So, this is more of a one-off.
>>
>> to enable sasl, I edited the following in my libvirtd.conf. Is this correct:
>>
>> listen_tcp = 1
>> tcp_port = "16509"
>> listen_addr = "192.168.0.1"
>> auth_unix_ro = "sasl"
>> auth_unix_rw = "sasl"
>> auth_tcp = "sasl"
>> auth_tls = "sasl"
>>
>> Is that all I need to do?
>
> THere's no need to set tcp_port, or listen_addr, nor any of the
> auth_XXX variables. the 'tcp' socket defaults to sasl now.
>
> You will however have to create yourself some sasl usernames/passwords
>
> http://libvirt.org/auth.html#ACL_server_username
>
> Daniel

With that, I still can not connect. I see this in /var/log/messages:

Jul 27 20:25:41 localhost libvirtd: Could not find keytab file:
/etc/libvirt/krb5.tab: No such file or directory

Is that an issue?

I am getting this from the command line:

libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain':
Connection refused
exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: unable to connect to
'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
level:VIR_ERR_ERROR
code:VIR_ERR_SYSTEM_ERROR
domain:VIR_FROM_REMOTE
hasConn:false
hasDom:false
hasNet:false
message:unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
str1:%s
str2:unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
str3:null
int1:-1
int2:-1

sasl output is:

[root at localhost ~]# sasldblistusers2 -f /etc/libvirt/passwd.db
bk at localhost.localdomain: userPassword
[root at localhost ~]#

-- bk