[libvirt] PATCH : Opennebula, adding xen i686 domain capability and updating some error messages

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 11:14:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 12:42:15PM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 03:28:45PM +0200, "Abel Míguez Rodríguez" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this patch uses "OPERATION_INVALID" error instead "OPERATION_FAILED" error where should be used, also adds a missing capability, defining Xen i686 domains.
> >

>   Tha patch makes sense, but I don't know what combination of mail agent
> or patch program you're using but the patch was complete garbage,
> impossible to apply it and with a bunch of non-ascii characters
> generating a few hundred lines of errors like
>   ./opennebula/one_conf.c:97: error: stray ‘\302’ in program
>   ./opennebula/one_conf.c:97: error: stray ‘\240’ in program
> after copying the changes by hand because patch refused to process it.
>
>   In the future, please send your patches as attachment so the mailer
> and mail proxies won't mess with it, and you should really check your
> mail agent, there is really something wrong ongoing.

  Well it's likely to be the mailman mailing list processing which
made it severely broken looking at the headers:

          listman.util.phx.redhat.com id n5UDT4c9007050

 I would guess that you sent as quoted-printable, and mailman barfed and
converted it automatically to iso-8859-1/8bit leading to some serious
garbage. Still the best is to put patches as attachment (and text/plain
mime type so it gets rendered), agents and proxies won't mess with the patch
the only thing they will usually do is base64 encode it which is an
operation which can be safely undone by the receiving end,

  thanks !