[libvirt] Patch to include arm variants in virsh capabilities

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Thu Jul 2 17:01:29 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:02:16AM -0700, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I got an android and wanted to set up an armel debian vm to test out
> > some code.  I had to launch it directly with qemu-system-arm, though,
> > since virsh didn't have an arm option to select.
> >
> > This is a patch against the debian version of the source after applying
> > debian-specific changes.  If you'd like a patch against mainline, I'd be
> > willing to do that.
> >
> > http://karma.colliertech.org/~cjac/tmp/add-arm.patch
>
>  Well, this list is really about upstream patches not distro specific
> ones,

I just verified that it applies cleanly against CVS.

> and I could not access said patch [1].

That is weird.  I hope it was just a fluke!  Attached.

> Send a patch against the
> latest version or CVS/git as an mail attachemnt and we will try to add
> it.

Alrighty.  I see that the mips machines are separated into 'mips' and
'mipsel'.  I don't know anything about the endian-ness of the various
machines (aside from versatilepb, which is little), so I just left them
all in the generic qemu_arch_info.arch="arm" table entry.

> Daniel

Cheers,

C.J.

> [1] the server seems down I got an HTTP request timeout.

hurm... I'm getting hits at least hourly from a site revproxied by the
same host ( http://wp.colliertech.org/cj/ ) - perhaps it was a
coincidental outage (*shakes fist at comcast*)?