[libvirt] libvirt and physical hardware devices

Arjun Roy arroy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 14:58:52 UTC 2009

>> -family
>> -cpuid_lvl
>>

> Don't have these tw
>> -cache
>> -vendor
>> -flags
>>

> Dont have these three (well a couple of flags, but certainly not all).

Are there any plans to add it? The information is tracked by ovirt, and
it would be nice to not have to regex scrape the output from
/proc/cpuinfo :)

> The virInterface APis will have everything except link bandwidth. Not
> sure where you get that info from, but we could add it

Sounds good - which release of libvirt will have all of that, and when?

The link bandwidth is as reported by ethtool - the exotic "SIOCETHTOOL"
ioctl. A quick snippet:

struct ifreq ifr;
struct ethtool_cmd ecmd;
ecmd.cmd = ETHTOOL_GSET;
ifr.ifr_data = (caddr_t)&ecmd;
int ret = ioctl(sock, SIOCETHTOOL,&ifr);

if (ecmd.supported&  SUPPORTED_10000baseT_Full) { ... } etc.

-Arjun