[libvirt] Create a new VM from an existent image?

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 03:20:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Cole Robinson<crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:
> Jun Koi wrote:

>>> That looks fine.

>>> If 'virsh --connect qemu:///system' doesn't work, you probably didn't
>>> configure your libvirt install correctly.
>>>

>> But it works! So the problem stays elsewhere.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion?
>>

> Hmm, then you probably need this patch to virtinst, since our URI detection
> likely isn't as thorough as libvirt:
>
> http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virtinst--devel/rev/030fbc6df74f

I got the latest code from hg tree, and installed that.  But running
"virt-install" (without option) returns the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/virt-install", line 36, in <module>
    from virtinst.VirtualCharDevice import VirtualCharDevice
ImportError: No module named VirtualCharDevice

How to fix this problem?

Thanks,