[libvirt] Re: [fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: New release virt-manager 0.8.0

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jul 29 10:30:41 UTC 2009

On 29/07/09 11:21, Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:

> And one thing, which can make me happy. When I am trying virtual machines, I
> often reinstall existing one. Then I need to boot from network and after
> installation again from disk. I can't test new gPXE until it will work with
> my F11 kernel, may be it's better with this, but with currently functional
> bootrom I can't boot from disk if network boot is enabled and vice versa.
> If my guest is set to boot from disk (after previous installation)
> and I need to reinstall it, I have to do these steps:
>
>    - click details panel (i)
>    - click "Boot Options"
>    - click on "Boot Device" menu
>    - select "Network (PXE)" and confirm (click)
>    - click "Apply"
>    - click back to guest console
>    - click start (play button)

That's not a virt-manager issue, it's a qemu issue I assume.

It works for me though - if I have network boot selected that I can
bring up the boot menu with F12 and select the hard disk instead?

What I suspect you may be referring to is the fact that if you don't
have network boot set as the default then the F12 boot menu doesn't
include the network option - so you can't be set to boot from the hard
disk by default and then choose to boot from network instead using the
boot menu.

I too find that rather annoying, but as I say it is (I believe) a qemu
issue rather than a libvirt issue.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)