[libvirt] VMware support and Server 2.0.1

Timo Makinen tmakinen at ee.oulu.fi
Mon Jul 27 20:55:56 UTC 2009

I tested libvirt with VMware Server 2.0.1 (not ESX). Server starts
http on port 8333 as default and libvirt api did not have any option
to give port number when connecting.

Maybe connecting should be changed to support uris like:

esx://host:123/

Next i tried to hardcode port into libvirt and got following error:

error: internal error Expecting server major/minor version '3.5' or '4.0' but found '2.0.1'

I patched libvirt again and finally got connected. Well at least list
command gave out list of vms. With dumpxml i got following error:

virsh # dumpxml vm02
error: internal error Missing essential config entry ''

       - Timo