[netcf-devel] [libvirt] [RFC] Reporting host interface status/statistics via netcf/libvirt, and listing active vs. inactive interfaces

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 07:38:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:56:44PM +0000, David Lutterkort wrote:
> The one argument for <address> tags is that it makes it cleaner to
> bundle addressing info like <ip> and routing info, to make sure that the
> user doesn't specify ipv6 routes for an interface without ipv6
> addresses.

  Yes that grouping is what I really had in mind when I did the exercise
in modelling based on Dan's version. I would say that from an human POV
it also immediately make clear what IP versions are supported, easier to
look at the attriubutes on teh big blocks and the number of big blocks.
I think it makes it a bit less error-prone.