[libvirt] problem: deleting a guest

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Tue Jun 30 12:12:03 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 06:17:36 Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > 2. Delete the definition of a new guest but not the related configuration
> > and disk-image files.
>
> The "definition" is the configuration. If you delete an inactive guest,
> this is removing the configuration file on disk
>
> > 3. Delete the guest definition and the related configuration and disk
> > image files but NOT and CD/DVD image files external to
> > /var/lib/libvirt/images.
>
> The virt-manager UI already allows this. Select an inactive guest, and
> press the 'Delete' button. It'll offer to delete associated disks, and only
> selecting private disk images by default, but can be overriden to deleted
> shared disk and CDROMs if desired.

I must have been blind!  My only excuse is that I have not had my morning
coffee!

The delete function is there [why didn't I see it?  ... I have no idea!].

The delete function does everything I want it to and even has the right set of
options!

Change this up to "pilot error".  I am just thankful I did not bugzilla this!

Gene