[libvirt] virDomainDefineXML forbidden for read only access

Kenneth Nagin NAGIN at il.ibm.com
Mon Jun 15 08:56:04 UTC 2009

I am running an application that invokes the java method
virDomainDefineXML.  But  virDomainDefineXML is throwing  the exception
"forbidden for read only access".   I'm running as root.  I can
successfully define domain xml and create VMs with virsh.

Any suggestion of what I am do wrong?

Exception details:
exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: operation virDomainDefineXML
forbidden for read only access
level:VIR_ERR_ERROR
code:VIR_ERR_OPERATION_DENIED
domain:VIR_FROM_NONE
hasConn:false
hasDom:false
hasNet:false
message:operation virDomainDefineXML forbidden for read only access
str1:operation %s forbidden for read only access
str2:virDomainDefineXML
str3:null
int1:0
int2:0