[libvirt] virsh hangs

Garry Dolley gdolley at arpnetworks.com
Tue Jun 23 13:22:34 UTC 2009

My system:

Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04

libvirt 0.6.4
kvm 0.8.4
qemu 0.10.0

I'm not sure what triggered this, I was working with several VMs,
and then found that virsh decided to hang:

garry at kvr02:~$ virsh list
Connecting to uri: qemu:///system
<hang>

I have to ^C out of it.

If I 'force-stop' and then 'start' libvirt-bin:

garry at kvr02:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/libvirt-bin force-stop
 * Forcefully stopping libvirt management daemon libvirtd
   ...done.
garry at kvr02:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/libvirt-bin start
 * Starting libvirt management daemon libvirtd
   ...done.

I can then get something:

garry at kvr02:~$ virsh list
Connecting to uri: qemu:///system
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  1 vm1                  running
  4 s3-lax               running
 14 freebsd-test         running
 19 freebsd-2            running
<hang>

But it hangs after that 4th one.  I must ^C it again.

If I do 'virsh list' again, it'll then show nothing (hangs like it
does above).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

--