[libvirt] hooking a physical nic to a bridge with net-create

Shahar Klein shaharklein at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 14:52:25 UTC 2009

Hi

I trying to set up a network configuration using libvirt

The setup is:

1. a VM using virtio using a tap device connected to a bridge device
2. on the host side eth0 added to the same bridge device(without ip)

using libvirt application (say virsh) I want to launch this set up:

virsh net-create for the second part
virsh create for the first part(tap, virtio, vm etc)

I can set the first part(vm, tap, virtio) using the domain xml
but I'm also interested in XMLing the second part and net-create it.
I tried but only suceeded in creating the bridge

Is it possible? am I missing somthing?

Thanks in advance