[libvirt] I have no idea why the current version of libvirt works for anyone in enforcing mode.

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 17:11:36 UTC 2009

On 03/13/2009 11:16 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>>> For that scenario I think it'd be better to make virt-manager prevent
>>> addition of sound hardware, since its in a position to give feedback
>>> to the user telling them why sound devices aren't allowed.
>>>

>>> Daniel
>> Well there is no protocol currently to tell virt-manager that the
>> libvirt is running with svirt.  I tried to remove a audio device via
>> virt-manager and it does nothing.  Also what happens when virt-manager
>> configures a remote libvirt?  Does the sound card automatically get added?
>>

> What does 'does nothing' mean? We can't hotunplug a sound card, you will
> need to restart the VM for the changes to take effect.
>
> virt-manager out of the box does not add a sound card for remote VMs,
> only local. The default can be changed via Edit->Preferences.
>
> - Cole

On a running vm, I tried to remove the sound card and nothing happened.
  I just tried again on a stopped vm and it got removed.  If it is not
able to remove the sound card on a running VM, then the remove button
should be greyed out or it should remove it from the XML and explain to
me it will happen on the next restart of the VM.