[libvirt] Error in virt-install

Nuno Fernandes npf-mlists at eurotux.com
Tue Mar 10 11:03:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

After applying your patch i didn't get any error like memory corruption.
Nevertheless i was able to access graphics using vnc. Even specifying vnc it
tries to open display (maybe something requires it - virt-viewer).

[root at localhost ~]# virt-install  -n test -r 512 --vnc --
file=/dev/VolGroup00/test-os --location=ftp://mirrors/centos/5/os/i386 -x
'text' --vncport=5900

Starting install...
Retrieving file .treeinfo 100% |=========================|  413 B    00:00
Retrieving file vmlinuz.. 100% |=========================| 2.1 MB    00:00
Retrieving file initrd.im 100% |=========================| 5.4 MB    00:00
Creating domain...                                                 0 B 00:01

(virt-viewer:4021): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
Domain installation still in progress.  You can reconnect to
the console to complete the installation process.

I access the console using vnc but as you said, after the instalation
completes it didn't restart. It disappeared from "virsh list" but i'm able to
start it again using:

[root at localhost ~]# virsh start test
Domain test started
[root at localhost ~]# virsh list
 Id Name                 State
  0 Domain-0             running
  3 test                 idle

If there's anything i can do to help please let me know.

Best regards,
Nuno Fernandes