[libvirt] I have no idea why the current version of libvirt works for anyone in enforcing mode.

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 17:39:53 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/13/2009 11:16 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>>> Well there is no protocol currently to tell virt-manager that the
>>> libvirt is running with svirt.  I tried to remove a audio device via
>>> virt-manager and it does nothing.  Also what happens when virt-manager
>>> configures a remote libvirt?  Does the sound card automatically get added?
>>>
>> What does 'does nothing' mean? We can't hotunplug a sound card, you will
>> need to restart the VM for the changes to take effect.
>>
>> virt-manager out of the box does not add a sound card for remote VMs,
>> only local. The default can be changed via Edit->Preferences.
>>
>> - Cole
>

> On a running vm, I tried to remove the sound card and nothing happened.
>   I just tried again on a stopped vm and it got removed.  If it is not
> able to remove the sound card on a running VM, then the remove button
> should be greyed out or it should remove it from the XML and explain to
> me it will happen on the next restart of the VM.

virt-manager will show a warning to the effect of 'This device will be
removed after the next VM shutdown' if it can't hot unplug, and has done
so for awhile. Certainly works for me with virt-manager-0.7.0 on
rawhide. If you can reproduce, please file a bug with
~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log

Thanks,
Cole