[libvirt] java libvirt question

Zvi Dubitzky DUBI at il.ibm.com
Wed Mar 18 13:45:14 UTC 2009

Hi

1)
I downloaded  the libvirt-java-0.2.1   tar and try to build Java binding
to the libvirt library  (configure , make , make install).
This is because I am running Ubuntu and presumably cannot use the fedora
.rpm
For  either java-gcj (java version 1.5) or the  java-6-openjdk (version
1.6) I do not get the  java-dev having its  bin components (java, javac,
javah, javadoc) under the same directory  as the configure script wants (
gcj case : /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-../bin  ,  openjdk case:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin)
and the configure fails
Of course I am doing : ./configure
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk  or similar  for version 1.5

Any advice how to solve this problem  ?   in fact I do not find javac and
javah, javadoc after the install only the java, jar

2)   the Java libvirt library from the downloads link is dated mid 2008 .
Does that have influence on bug fixing since then or this java libvirt
package is just for the client side and  the server side is the most
updated  C code so the date  does not matter ?

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Virtualization and System Architecture   Email:dubi at il.ibm.com
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory    Phone: +972-4-8296182
Haifa, 31905, ISRAEL