[libvirt] KVM update

Zvi Dubitzky DUBI at il.ibm.com
Mon Mar 30 08:44:06 UTC 2009

I am trying to update the kvm driver and userspace using existing kernel
1) using the tar ball  from kvm at sourceforge  I can do it , but only kvm
-84 is there
2) if i try the latest version from the git tree I am able to do the first
2 steps (make --kerneldir=<exisitng kernel headers> , make sync )
  . but the final make  fails during compile of libkvm.c.   results  in
the file below (dated 3/29/09)
  Am I missing something  Should I recompile the whole  kerenl as a

3) Was the live migrate fixed and tested in the latest kernel version

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Virtualization and System Architecture   Email:dubi at il.ibm.com
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory    Phone: +972-4-8296182
Haifa, 31905, ISRAEL