[libvirt] migration fails

jens jens at gis.de
Sat May 2 17:48:50 UTC 2009

Hello,

I tried to migrate a kvm domain to a second identical machine with the
command:
virsh migrate --live dom1 qemu+ssh://second.machine.org/system which
leads me to an unresponsive virsh on the second machine - 'virsh list'
just takes forever and qemu wasn't started (the domain was not
migrated), finally I have to kill libvirtd on the second machine.

Because I'm new to libvirt I searched the web to find a solution for
this behavior but without success.

Please can someone on the list point me to the right direction how I can
use libvirt to migrate kvm domains?

I use kernel 2.6.29.1 and kvm-85 with libvirt 0.6.2 on an debian
unstable system.

Attached are debug logs generated by the source- and destination-machine.

Thank you very much
Jens