[libvirt] pool default not starting on f10

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue May 5 18:14:57 UTC 2009

Jason Guiditta wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 13:51 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> <snip>
>> There are likely also expected lookup failures, so no worries.
>>
>>> from libvirtd at each step.  If you don't have anything else you want me
>>> to try, I will look up the libvirt build steps and try applying that
>>> patch you sent. Thanks,
>>>
>> Thanks for the offer, but it's probably not necessary. The above output
>> confirmed the OOM squashing. I'm curious how the 'File not found' error
>> managed to happen though. I'll poke through the code somemore
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cole
>
> Cole, thanks for the assistance - after I sent that reply, I went ahead
> and finished trying my install, even with the errors, and it seems to be
> fine.  What version of libvirt is that patch you sent going to be in?
> Trying to decide if it is worth going outside of normal yum update path
> to get it, or just wait for the next release.  Thanks again,
> -j

The patch will probably be in the next release (which is in a couple
weeks time I beleive). That said, the only thing it will fix is the
error message reported: Whatever happened that caused the underlying
error and pool-start to fail is still present. So nothing to go outside
Fedora packages I would think.

Thanks,
Cole