[libvirt] Authentication with virConnectAuthPtr

Eduardo Otubo otubo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 5 19:06:12 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'll start using virConnectAuthPtr to handle the authentication proccess
at the phyp driver I'm wrinting
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-April/msg00493.html>
and I have some doubts in my mind:

1) What are the types of authentication that 'int *credtype' can hold?
And who fills it with the information I'll need?

2) Once known the credential type, I need to use the function pointer
'virConnectAuthCallbackPtr cb' to get the information whatever it is,
right? I mean, it can be a password, a pubkey or anything else, right?
Is there a callback able to handle password or pubkeys?

3) And finally I'll be able to use the 'void *cbdata' to manage the
authentication in my way. In my case, using libssh. In fact, in the end
of the process, I'll just need a password or a key to get things
working.

There is no driver authenticatin agaist ssh channel, that's why I got so
confused with this topic.

I don't know if my thoughts are pretty clear here. But I would like to
confirm the information 2 and 3, and check how 1 works. Could anyone
help me?

Thanks in advance,
[]'s

--