[libvirt] PCI Passthrough

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 6 19:06:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 11:29:27AM -0700, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do PCI
> passthrough for a PCI SCSI controller.  I need, if at all possible, to
> access it so that I can use a SCSI tape drive with a Windows Server
> 2000 guest.  This is xml config I have:

Seems, we missed out any docs on this in the website. Fortunately
Mark just wrote up some notes for the Fedora 11 virt test case
that should help you

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-05-07_Virtualization_KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment

NB, you need a machine supporting VT-D for this work - the vast
majority of hosts with fullvirt support do *not* yet support VT-D
passthrough, but perhaps you're lucky ...