[libvirt] Re: Has anyone ever gotten the client or full to compile on OS X?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu May 7 09:20:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 03:20:23PM -0500, Schley Andrew Kutz wrote:
> Anyone? :( I really don't want to have to bring up a whole new box just
> do do dev work that I should be able to do from my Mac. I guess I can
> write against the Java bindings locally and then debug remotely on a
> Linux server.

  Well, not that many people seems interested in porting to OS-X,
partly I guess because there is no support there for KVM or Xen.
I don't know what hypervisor could be used there, but for remote
access we sould try to get at least the remote support compiling.

 W.r.t. the "new box" send me a Mac OS-X one an I may verify compile
errors here, if not, well someone else will have to send portability
patches ! If they are clean and don't break other arches I will be
happy to push them ! But you can't held us responsible for the fact
you use a given platform for your libvirt developments. You "should
be able to do from my Mac" if "someone" made the little effort of
providing patches and checking, it's open source, it's free after
all, right ?